Saturday 21 April 2007

Explorations in Aiki.

With my fifth year in Aikido fast approaching, the realisation that, through all it’s twists and turns, this journey has become a very personal one for me. From my earliest introductions to budo, losing the way somewhat in my teenage years, up until now, there has been one constant. In a violent and threatening situation, a world full of uncertainty, there is only one thing you can rely on, and that is yourself. Being on the path of Aikido is a spiritual journey as much as a physical one, this journey exists for me in only one sense – to become a better person.
As I approach this goal of black belt, I think to myself over and over again, this is just the beginning. This is not a symbol of attainment, but of invitation. It is not the culmination of almost five years of training but the opening of yet another window on a lifelong journey.

No comments: